By grill master Ray Carnes of Rec Tec Grills.
Recipe: Rec Tec Ribs
- 3 racks of ribs
- Rib Spritz (recipe listed below)
- Rib Glaze (recipe listed below)
- Your favorite rib rub
- Aluminum Foil
- For Spare Ribs locate longest bone and trim to remove rib tips. For Baby Backs go to step 2
- Remove membrane from ribs (start with knife and use paper towel for grip).
- Trim excess fat from ribs.
- Coat ribs with rib rub and rest for 30 minutes (ribs will “sweat”).
- Prepare Rib Spritz and Rib Glaze (mix well and heat, but do not boil).
- Preheat grill to 275ºF (low heat) and place ribs on the grill for 2 hours (spritz every 30 minutes).
- wrap ribs with foil and grill for an additional 1 hour.
- Remove ribs from foil, glaze and cook for 30 minutes.
- 3 C Apple Juice
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 oz Imitation Butter
- 1 ½ C Thin Vinegar BBQ Sauce
- ½ C Thick Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 1 C ketchup
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 16 oz (one jar) peach preserves
Recipe: Grilled Blackberry Cobbler
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- Blackberry pie filling (or a pie filling of your choice)
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Mix all the above ingredients together and pour into baking dish
- Stir in pie filling
- Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick stuck into the batter comes out clean—roughly 30-45 minutes
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream