By Crums on Central owner and chef, Andrew Crumrine
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 oz crab
- 2 oz shrimp
- 2 oz light, flaky fish (such as tilapia)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup béchamel sauce
- 2 T Dijon sauce
- 1 T picked thyme
- 2 tsp sherry
- 2 T shallots
- ¼ cup chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat until it shimmers
- In a bowl, mix together crab, shrimp, fish and bread crumbs. Make sure the breadcrumbs are evenly distributed throughout the seafood mixture.
- Pour seafood/breadcrumb mixture into the pan. Stir in béchamel sauce and the next 6 ingredients heat until seafood is opaque and mushrooms are golden brown.
Ways to Serve Seafood Stuffing:
- Stuffed fish (trout, catfish, etc.): butterfly a piece of fish to make a bed. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.